Monday, May 18, 2009

Barbara A. Stewart

"Catch a Mermaid"
Barbara A. Stewart, Miami, Florida

I just finished a mermaid quilt and wanted to make just one more mermaid. This is the pattern I used. I wanted her to be under water. I wanted to use scraps, the netting I received and the thread scraps from the bag beside the machine. I did all of this. I put the black net over the mermaid on pale blue. I stitched following the design on the net. She is kind of murky but that is where she is.
$100.00









Undersea Treasures.
Barbara A. Stewart, Miami, Florida
I wanted to use leftovers and scraps, the net I was sent, and thread scraps from the bag beside the machine. I did all of this. Some of the thread is ribbon floss. It is thicker and shines a bit and curls nicely.The net is stitched on top and holds the thread.
$60.00





No comments: