Monday, May 18, 2009

Jane R. Neale


“Through The Window”
Jane R. Neale, Powell, Wyoming
The delicate black tulle with white feathers came from Salvaged Threads at a WAV meeting. It made me think of Eagles flying. I cut it to represent a torn screen. I found this beautiful Eagle from an old picture, and printed it on an old sheet and then painted it.
All repurposed materials, except for beads. Constructed of six layers, The blackborder window frame and backing were upholstery samples. The thin black cotton sleeve & binding was old shirt.
$200







“Big Sky Freedom”
Jane R. Neale, Powell, Wyoming
After I china painted and fired a porcelain tile with soaring eagles, I wanted to see them in a quilt. I scanned the tile and printed a copy on computer paper.
I varnished the copy onto old muslin cloth, dried it, & overlaid the tulle. The classic brown print fabric sample was donated by a fabric manufacturer.
$ 100





No comments: